Human Resources Manager
Category: Human Resources Manager
Location: Newton, Kansas
Employment Status: Full Time, Salary
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level. Carries out responsibilities in all of the following functional areas: employee relations, recruitment, compensation, training, benefits, and employment equity programs
- Promotes and communicates the company NICHE culture
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company Personnel
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Participate in staff meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Files EE0-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment.
- Implements compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts salary surveys as needed; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises, as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Proficient in Microsoft Office. A thorough understanding of Kansas Labor practices.